I keep forgetting to do this, but I really need a post about what my kids say. Maybe I'll start a sidebar with their little quotes. Here's a tidbit though.
We were on a walk the other day and Mckayla ran across the street without looking (no worries, I was there, it was clear, and not a big street, she normally does look both ways). I said "Mckayla! You didn't look both ways!". She returned "Don't worry Mom, I'm not dead"
Talmage came upstairs the other day with a purse on (you may refer to the Dress Up post now) and said "Bye Mama". I asked "where are you going?". He said "to the store to get juice and bread and eggs", and proceeded to try to open the front door. He was serious. And as he was coming upstairs to leave I heard Mckayla say "have a good day at work Honey, make lots of money!". Playing house, I love it.
Talmage asked for a cup of milk today. I didn't go straight for the fridge as I had to put Kaitlyn down, and he said "pwetty pwease wif sprinkles on top". Oh what a sweet boy he is. On the other hand, he has become Mr. independent lately. If he knows you're going to say something he doesn't want to hear, he'll look down at the ground and put his hand up in the air toward your face and say "Stop!" very firmly.
Mckayla and Talmage went outside to play a while back and didn't close the door behind them. Jer reminded her she was supposed to close the door and she said "well Dad, it's just been a very frustrating day". Nice kayla, I know how you feel
And a sweet one. We were driving home from playing at Sugarhouse Park with my friend Jennifer and her kids (thanks guys, it was fun!) and Mckayla asked when Christmas was. So I explained that it was in 3 months and told her the holidays and events before hand. I was just about to ask her what she wanted for Christmas and she chastened and humbled me by saying "You know why I'm excited for Christmas Mommy? Because then I get to see Stephy and Ryan and Jamie and Derek!!!" in her most excited voice. Those are her aunts and uncles that live out of state now. What a sweet little thing.

All of our friends out there without kids or with kids not talking yet, just wait! It is so much fun!!!
We were on a walk the other day and Mckayla ran across the street without looking (no worries, I was there, it was clear, and not a big street, she normally does look both ways). I said "Mckayla! You didn't look both ways!". She returned "Don't worry Mom, I'm not dead"
Talmage came upstairs the other day with a purse on (you may refer to the Dress Up post now) and said "Bye Mama". I asked "where are you going?". He said "to the store to get juice and bread and eggs", and proceeded to try to open the front door. He was serious. And as he was coming upstairs to leave I heard Mckayla say "have a good day at work Honey, make lots of money!". Playing house, I love it.
Talmage asked for a cup of milk today. I didn't go straight for the fridge as I had to put Kaitlyn down, and he said "pwetty pwease wif sprinkles on top". Oh what a sweet boy he is. On the other hand, he has become Mr. independent lately. If he knows you're going to say something he doesn't want to hear, he'll look down at the ground and put his hand up in the air toward your face and say "Stop!" very firmly.
Mckayla and Talmage went outside to play a while back and didn't close the door behind them. Jer reminded her she was supposed to close the door and she said "well Dad, it's just been a very frustrating day". Nice kayla, I know how you feel
And a sweet one. We were driving home from playing at Sugarhouse Park with my friend Jennifer and her kids (thanks guys, it was fun!) and Mckayla asked when Christmas was. So I explained that it was in 3 months and told her the holidays and events before hand. I was just about to ask her what she wanted for Christmas and she chastened and humbled me by saying "You know why I'm excited for Christmas Mommy? Because then I get to see Stephy and Ryan and Jamie and Derek!!!" in her most excited voice. Those are her aunts and uncles that live out of state now. What a sweet little thing.
All of our friends out there without kids or with kids not talking yet, just wait! It is so much fun!!!
5 comments:
How adorable! Gotta love what comes out of their mouths! They can be so funny!
ROFL! Hilarious! And Talm actually pulled the "STOP" bit on me today when I told him he couldn't take the nutter butters over to the pool.
That's funny! And thanks Mckayla, it's nice to know that we are missed...We love you too and are excited to see you in four and a half months!
How CUTE! Kids say the funniest things!
what a sweet picture! I love the "it's been a frustrating day" :) I sure miss those cuties
Post a Comment