So Saturday I had the lovely privledge of running 14 miles with my friend Heidi. She's good fun :) We started at 7:30am and because it was cold and dark and snowing/raining. We started inside on the treadmills at our fitness center. I normally refer to such devices as "dreadmills", but that 8 miles wasn't too bad. Then we headed outside to finish the last 6 and it was perfect. Nice fresh air from the rain (which had stopped), no wind, sunshine and a perfect 40 something degree temperature. It really was great. I can't wait till my first race of the season the Canyonlands Half Marathon in St George next month.
I rushed home to go to a Relief Society Stake thing with good speakers about food storage and being a better wife/spouse, all those good important things. We had a nice lunch after. I'm really glad to feel a part of the ward we're in. I would say the majority of the ward is made up of empty nesters, and probably 1/3 of us have growing families. Anyway, it's nice to feel a part of a ward.
As I drove home the sunshine got to me. The dry roads, sunshine and "warmth" got to me and I asked Jer if I could go for a ride. So off I went.
I had heard of a bike path that goes around the airport and wanted to check it out. I got a little lost, but finally found it. It's this nice path that has gates every so often you have to go through that they can lock at night. There was many a time I felt like I shouldn't be there, that I must've been in FAA territory. I rode under a plane just before its runway too. Good times.
I rushed home to go to a Relief Society Stake thing with good speakers about food storage and being a better wife/spouse, all those good important things. We had a nice lunch after. I'm really glad to feel a part of the ward we're in. I would say the majority of the ward is made up of empty nesters, and probably 1/3 of us have growing families. Anyway, it's nice to feel a part of a ward.
As I drove home the sunshine got to me. The dry roads, sunshine and "warmth" got to me and I asked Jer if I could go for a ride. So off I went.
I had heard of a bike path that goes around the airport and wanted to check it out. I got a little lost, but finally found it. It's this nice path that has gates every so often you have to go through that they can lock at night. There was many a time I felt like I shouldn't be there, that I must've been in FAA territory. I rode under a plane just before its runway too. Good times. 
I didn't get to check even half of it out because it was time to turn around (well more than time acutally). I must remind myself what I explore on the way out I'll have to exlore to get home. Once I turned around my front tire started a slow leak and I had to stop every 3 or so miles to fill it back up with my puny hand pump. The sun also went behind the clouds and I'd been out longer than I had thought. I was ready to be home. I did finally make it cold and tired but it sure was nice to get out for 3 hours. This week's kind of a shocker for me now. I totally thought it was spring, but apparently Mr. Groundhog disagrees.Oh I must say what a great husband I have. He is so supportive of my training and racing - most of the time :) He was home alone with the kids from 7am-4pm so I could go out and play. He didn't complain and even cleaned for me! I think the kids even got fed...;) Thanks Honey!!!
Onto our second matter of National Security. Creative juices strike again.......
Do you think the bank will still take this? Is this a criminal offense?
2 comments:
You didn't get frisked, run through a metal detector, have to show your ID, etc. to get through those gates? Those look serious! I'm still totally amazed that you had the energy to hop on your bike after our morning run...which is why you're a tri girl and I'm not. :).
You must have some magic spell that I did not.
I could never get Jeremy to help clean our apartment in Columbia.
:)
Post a Comment