Monday, August 3, 2009

A nice day and a happy birthday wish

My Grandma Lois' funeral was lovely. My mom didn't realize till the night before, but the day of the funeral would've been my Grandparent's 20th wedding anniversary. The weater was perfect, great messages were shared, and I survived my musical number. Both Mckayla and Talmage did great seeing their Grandma-Great which I'm happy about. She looked good and I think it helps with closure. It was neat to show them her special pretty clothes (that I had the opportunity to help dress her in). We were over at my parents house yesterday and he did ask if Grandma Great was there. Kind of sad. Jer told him no and he asked "well were is she?" and he reminded him that she's in heaven and he will tell you that now when you ask him. I feel more at peace, although it's strange to be over there and not see her in her chair or quiet the kids so they don't wake her if she's sleeping. It's hard too to go through her things, but I'm sure she'd want to pass on the things that were meaningful to her for others to enjoy. Here are a few pictures from the funeral.
My parents and siblings. It's strange to all be adults now - some more mature than others.... ;)

Sweet little girl. Being the proficient seamstress that she was, I thought my Grandma would be honored, so I made my pretty girls some pretty dresses for the funeral. She would NOT have done it in 2 days as I did, but I think she'd still be pleased :) Ignore the wierd faced mom in the picture
Today is also my Grandma Ann's birthday. Love you and miss you so much Grandma!
Keep an eye on our little family!

2 comments:

Celeste said...

The funeral looked lovely and the girls look beautiful in their pretty pink dresses. I always have wondered how children understand times like this, that is sweet the T knows she is in heaven now.

Sara said...

Leslie, two days on those dresses. That is amazing.