Thursday, January 26, 2012

Alright ladies and gents, make your guesses!

Well, here we are a mere 2 weeks away from this baby's due date!  Jer's convinced I won't go that long, and while I'd like to believe him, I really have no reason to suspect a baby any time soon.  That said, I just realized today that I have not prepared myself at all mentally to go past February 10th.  Yes if we're still pregnant then I'll start the natural induction methods (no pitocin or hospital for me please), but I almost feel like I'm spoiling a surprise trying to get him/her here before then.  I think it's always fun to go into labor on your own and be like "wow!  Today is the day!".  Give me 10 or so days and we'll see if my opinion remains the same though  ;)
I'm feeling reasonably well right now.  9 months pregnant for sure, but really the hardest things are leaning down to help the kids put shoes on, and rolling over and being comfortable at night.  I'm of course excited not to be pregnant any more, but I hope I won't be sad when it's over since this may be our last.  I am super excited to find out whether it's a boy or girl and just simply have a little baby to hold.  It seems like it's been a LONG time since we've had an infant around.  And with only one cousin for the kids who lives in New York it really has been a good 3 years, since Kate was a baby.
Decided to try to take more regular belly pics this time around since I really haven't been good about it with the others.  Most are in my workout/teaching clothes, but I assure you I do wear regular clothes from time to time  :)


So here are the stats from our past babies, post your date, gender, and weight guesses!
Mckayla - 1 week late, 8lbs3oz
Talmage - 1 week early, 9lbs15.6oz (I like to call that 10lbs!)
Kaitlyn - 3 days late (we argue about this, Jer thinks she was 3 days early), 9lbs6oz

5 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

I say it's a boy, 2 days early, 8 pounds 4 ounces and 21 inches long. If I nail every one of those do I get a million bucks :)?

Sara said...

I'd like to say a boy--for Talmage and evenness and all that, but recent trends lead me to guess girl, 9# 10 oz, and born Feb. 8th. :D

Brittany said...

I'm going to say BOY, 8 days early, 9 pounds 2 ounces, 20 inches long. I am so excited for you!

jamieleighcall said...

Hmm... I guess BOY, born on his due date (yes, I'm an optimist :) ), and 8 lbs. 13 oz. Can't wait to find out!!! Excited for you guys. PS Leslie, you look amazing! Wish I looked that good a few weeks before giving birth!

Nurse Heidi said...

Well dang - unless you deliver in the next hour or so, I miss my date prediction.