There's genious in the way Heavenly Father humbles us as parents. Sometimes it's done by the love of our little children.
We had a good day today, the kids and I. Yes I got impatient at times and we never made it beyond the backyard, but it wasn't too bad. I got the dining room floor swept and kitchen table all cleaned off and wiped down today (which is a bigger task here than it should be), and when I was putting the table cloth on I told Mckayla it's too bad we didn't have anything pretty like flowers to put on the table. She was busy with Talm and didn't say much. Well I went swimming after dinner and came home to her grabbing my hand and telling me to close my eyes. So with my eyes closed she led me into the kitchen, had me open them, and showed me her super sweet surprise. She'd gotten some fake flowers and put them in a vase on the table, all on her own. So sweet!
We had a good day today, the kids and I. Yes I got impatient at times and we never made it beyond the backyard, but it wasn't too bad. I got the dining room floor swept and kitchen table all cleaned off and wiped down today (which is a bigger task here than it should be), and when I was putting the table cloth on I told Mckayla it's too bad we didn't have anything pretty like flowers to put on the table. She was busy with Talm and didn't say much. Well I went swimming after dinner and came home to her grabbing my hand and telling me to close my eyes. So with my eyes closed she led me into the kitchen, had me open them, and showed me her super sweet surprise. She'd gotten some fake flowers and put them in a vase on the table, all on her own. So sweet!
She gives me little presents all the time, things she finds around the house and wraps them up in various fabrics or old wrapping paper she can find, but this was really special. I didn't even think she was listening really, and then she does something like this? I was so touched and am even a little emotional writing about it. Oh my sweet babies. They sure inspire me to be a better mom.

6 comments:
What a sweetie! I know what you mean about your table, I have the same trouble. At least your kids don't eat non-edible things that are left on your table... I love Kayla's dance pose! Is Talm naked on Kate's bouncer? :) What cuties, I miss them...almost enough to have my own...almost
That is so sweet of her. and they look beautiful on your table.
Oh, that is so sweet. It just about gave me tears reading it. Thanks for sharing.
What a sweet daughter. You need to convince that sister of yours to get started on the baby thing. She really is missing out, being a mom in the most incredible thing in the world (even though I have only been a mom for two weeks...haha)!!!
Amen and amen!
How sweet! Kids are so thoughtful and innocent.
Post a Comment