Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mckayla musings

I was at the table scribing a note for Mckayla which was to go along side a trap to capture the Easter Bunny.  It read

"Dear Easter Bunny, 
      This is not a trap......."


LOL!  It went on a bit from there, but I just loved the first part.  We went to a meeting at the school she could be attending next year if we send her to the gifted program.  She made it through the first round of testing and will be given a 2 hour test on Saturday.  We'll see how it goes from there.  We still don't know where we want to send her.  Decisions, decisions...

We're all well.  Jer started a new job (this is Les writing, btw) in website coding and design, and ironically, we now both work in Utah County.  We are fortunate enough to have found a job that will allow him to work 3 long days on the days I work so he can still be home with the kids.  Thanks so much to the neighbors helping us out with shuttling Mckayla and watching them when I have a workout to squeeze in or he has a meeting or whatnot.
Kate is starting to say a few words, kind of, like 'wuv wu' for love you, cheese, cracker, drink is still a snort that kind of sounds like drink (not ironic at all many of her words are for food and drink if you know Kate well at all).  Talmy is our happy boy who has now memorized the words to his favorite train movies and can quote word for word while not facing the tv and playing with his trains.
Extended family wise, my mom is in Vietnam right now for 2.5 weeks on a medical mission of sorts.  Not for the church, but she's a nurse practitioner and faculty at SLCC Nursing department, and they had a team going over.  I'm happy for her, I know this is something she's always wanted to do.
And my sister Stephanie and brother in law Ryan are headed on a Bahama cruise tomorrow - hope you guys have a great time!!!
As for me, I'm getting to the meat of my long training for Ironman St George in 6.5 short weeks.   I'm headed down to St George with a great athlete and friend Sarah for a 100 mile ride on friday and 20 mile run on Saturday.  Good times!!  Feel free to visit my race blog whether you're an athlete or not as that's where all my updates go.

Hope all our friends and family are well!   Keep in touch with us!

2 comments:

April Celeste Garff said...

Mckayla is too funny. Wonder if the Easter Bunny will fall for it?

*Aliese* said...

Mckalya cracks me up. :) As for the GT program, I say give it a whirl--we did ALPS as kids and for the most part, it was a positive experience. The nice thing is, if you don't like it, you can always pull her out. The weather in the SG has been BEAUTIFUL, so hopefully it'll hold out for you this time. If you need a place to stay, just let us know!