Wednesday, May 13, 2009

2.62 days till 26.2!!!

Yay! It's finally here! Although it feels like it'll never come, it's crazy to think it's 2 days from now. I cannot wait. I'm not nervous, I'm excited and prepared. I told my aerobics class that I'm going to "play" saturday and seriously, while I'll run my butt off and feel like crap afterwards, it's such a great experience. 26 uninterupted miles of beauty in God's creations, on a great sunshiny day surrounded with tons of other positive people, and not worrying about getting home in time for Jer to go to work or to feed someone breakfast :)
This'll be my first big/longer race without my family there to cheer me on, but Elders Quorum President duties call. I'll miss them though!

2 comments:

jamieleighcall said...

Good luck, Leslie (although I'm sure you don't need it!) Can't wait to hear all about it. My husband, Jake, is camping this weekend (he's the scoutmaster) so I'll have the kids and won't be making the trip up there to see you ladies. I really wanted to, though. Give everyone a hug from me and a "good luck!"

PS Sorry I haven't written back on FB. I don't get on there very often and when I do it's usually two seconds, just to confirm a friend. Although, I saw you know Jake Garlick. He's my brother-in-law (he married Jake's sister.) I asked him about you on Sunday and he said to mention something about a fishy car? Whatever that means. ;)

Becky said...

Good luck, good luck, good luck, good luck! Can't WAIT to hear about your race! I'm thinking of you!