Saturday, April 18, 2009

Money's in the bank!

Just prepare yourself, this is a pic heavy post, not all great because I took them with my phone.
My friend Heidi and I ran our last long run before Ogden today, and what a run! We had great weather, which was a good thing as we got started at 5:15am. Yep, she picked me up at 4:45am and we headed downtown. We had friends running the SLC Half Marathon so we decided to run down there.
We ran from Liberty Park, around the Salt Lake Temple, up behind the Capital, in the Avenues, in front of the UofU (where it finally became daylight), down to Sugarhouse park for a couple loops to watch the runners, then raced back to the car to get the camera in time. Weather was perfect, and we both felt good. I was able to open up really well the last 3 miles and put some serious speed in. All the real prep work is done now for Ogden and I cannot wait!

This was Heidi in the middle of the pond at Sugarhouse Park. Any guesses as to how she got there?
The lead men
Post race fun. Ice bath!!! I was whining before we even put the ice in, and this pic was taken when 80% of it was melted just so ya'll don't think I just threw a few ice cubes in. Talm enjoyed dumping a 10lb bag of it on his mommy and Kaitlyn enjoyed dangling her fingers in. Mommy, well, didn't enjoy any of it persay, but it'll be good for the legs.

This pic didn't do justice really, but you can kind of notice the difference between my cold legs and the normal skin tone of my tummy. Brrrrrr



And of course I had to add some cute pics of the kids. They're not all super recent, but pretty close and super cute :)
Talm didn't want to smile for the photographer for his 3 year old pics so would cover his mouth everytime the guy would get near him. I almost think this is cuter than the pic we ordered. And little Kaiter at the same time had to have her chance to play, so we stuck her in the prop closet. Seemed like a reasonable option :) Can't believe she'll be a year in about a week.

I LOVE this picture! My friend Heidi took this with her awesome camera when we were over there this week. Nothing more like my Mckayla than to be playing with a tea set dressed in dress up attire.
My boy. What a handsome little fella he is. Seriously, I'm gonna have to keep the girls off him, I just know it!
And finally, we discovered little Kaitlyn sleeping like this a while back. Silly girl.

Stay tuned for a post below this one from a carnival we took the kids to and a late Easter post.


3 comments:

jamieleighcall said...

Leslie, you and Heidi are awesome. Thanks again for cheering me on. It really helped me push through. I just wish I had some time to chat. I'm thinking really hard about the Hobblecreek 1/2. I hear you can't bring earphones. What do you think about that? By the way, I would kill for your abs. ;) Also, I saw you know Jarred and Ashley Henline. They are our good friends from college. In fact, we just saw them last month, Jake went to lunch with Jarred this week, and we are going to see them again next week. Small world.

Celeste said...

You are amazing girl! I'm more impressed with your six pack then your cold legs!! :) Loving the picture with Talmage covering his mouth... so cute!

Lindsey said...

Wow! I agree with what Celeste said, the six pack is more impressive than your legs.
And I love the picture of Kaitlyn babies are so silly when they sleep